Clients are family. We handle every case as if it were our own.

Putnam County Temporary Custody Lawyer

Committed to the Well-Being of Your Children

Sometimes, in order to protect the welfare of a child, it is necessary to petition for temporary custody. The goal of granting temporary custody is to safeguard the welfare of the child. However, obtaining temporary custody of a child can be a complicated process. Our temporary custody attorneys in Putnam County are willing and able to help you every step of the way. Working with our experienced lawyers can help you avoid common mistakes.

If you are seeking temporary custody of a child, we can help. Call (386) 200-6547 to speak with a Putnam County attorney.

Who Can Request Temporary Custody?

In order to petition for the temporary custody of a child in Florida, you must be an adult or an emancipated minor. You must also be an extended family member or a step-parent of the child.

Extended family members include:

  • Brother or sister
  • Grandparent
  • Great-grandparent
  • Aunt or uncle
  • Great uncle or great aunt
  • Niece or nephew
  • First cousin
  • Grandparent

A step-parent may only petition for temporary custody if he or she is currently married to the parent of the child and is not currently in a civil suit against the parent of the child.

Also during the temporary custody petition process, you must file a petition you must present a signed and notarized document indicating the consent of both legal parents of the child. Alternatively, you could be an extended family member who is presently caring for and living with the child as a substitute parent. In some cases, consent from the parents is not required, if you can prove mistreatment of the child by the parents.

The qualifications of mistreatment include:

  • Abuse
  • Neglect
  • Abandonment

If you believe that a child’s welfare is in danger in one or more of these ways, but do not have the parents’ consent for temporary custody, it is best to talk to an experienced temporary custody lawyer in Putnam County who can help you present your case before a judge. We are committed to resolving these cases as best as possible.

Put Our Experience to Work for You

When it comes to protecting the welfare of children, our team at Hedstrom and Harris is on your side. Our Putnam County temporary custody attorneys are prepared to make every effort to help you receive temporary custody of a child that needs a safe haven. Do not hesitate to contact Hedstrom and Harris, P.A. for the support you need.

Do you have a child in need of protection? Learn more about temporary custody by calling us at (386) 200-6547 today.

  • “It was easy to communicate with her. She always responded to emails in a timely manner.”

    Happy Client

  • “Ms. Harris handled my divorce case and was very professional.”


  • “I give her an A+ as knowledgeable, intelligent and caring!”

    Kathy J.

  • “ I feel she went above and beyond what most attorneys would do. I felt I could contact her easily as the case was in a very fluid environment. ”

    Happy Client

  • “She was very understanding and very professional.”

    Todd B.

  • “We loved the personal service Dallas provided. So easy to talk to!”


  • “Hedstrom and Harris are the greatest.”


  • “She is very special! !!”

    T Schultz

The Team on Your Side - Fighting for You!

  • Free Consultations

  • Strong Work Ethic

  • Relationship-Based Representation

  • Winning Track Record